Kevin Bruning is an experienced trial attorney, and practices in the following areas of law: Business Litigation, Construction Litigation, Mechanics Lien Litigation, Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Litigation, Divorce and Matrimonial Law, Real Estate Litigation and Transactions, Bankruptcy, Elder Law, Estate and Probate Litigation, Employment Law Litigation, Condominium, Townhome, and Homeowners Association Litigation, Collections, Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts, Business Sales and Acquisitions, Corporate and Limited Liability Company Formation.
Mr. Bruning is the Principal and Managing Attorney at the law firm of Bruning & Associates, P.C. He established Bruning & Associates in January of 2000. Prior to 2000, Mr. Bruning practiced with the Complex Commercial Litigation Group of one of the nation’s largest law firms.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Chicagoland Area Chamber of Commerce
- Schaumburg Business Association -Schaumburg Referral Exchange
- Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce
- The Rotary Club of Fox Valley Sunset, Crystal Lake, Illinois, 2012-present
- The Rotary Club of Crystal Lake Dawnbreakers, Crystal Lake, Illinois, 1996-2012
- McHenry County Youth Service Bureau Board of Directors, 1997-2007.
- Schaumburg Referral Exchange, Schaumburg Business Association Networking Group, August 2014 through the Present, President 2014-2015
- Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, Board Member at large, 2003-2004, 2004-2005
- Referral Exchange, Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce Networking Group, April 1996 through the Present, President, 2000-2001, and 2002-2003
- McHenry County Community College, Legal Clinic, 1998-1999
- “Mechanic’s Lien Seminar”, Lake and McHenry Counting Plumbing Heating and Cooling Contractors Association, Mundelein, Illinois, 1999.
- “Collection of Business Accounts Receivables”, Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce Breakfast Seminar Series, Crystal Lake, Illinois, 1999.
- “Employment Law Seminar”, Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce Breakfast Seminar Series, Crystal Lake, Illinois, 1998.
- “Business Entity Formation”, Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce Breakfast Seminar Series, Crystal Lake, Illinois, 1998.
- “Surety Bonds and Public Construction Projects”, Construction Surety Conference, Park City, Utah, 1997.
- “Insurance Coverage Issues Relating to Liability Arising During the Course of Building Construction”, Illinois State Bar Association, Law Ed Series, 1995.
- Bruning, K.W., Mechanic’s Lien Manual, Lake and McHenry County Plumbing and Heating Contractors Association, 1999.
- Moelmann, Lawrence R., and Bruning, Kevin W., The Federal Tax Levy: Does it Really Deprive the Owner and the Surety of Their Rights to Contract Balances? The Construction Lawyer, (ABA) Vol. 16, No. 1, January 1996
- Moelmann, Lawrence R., and Bruning, Kevin W., Indoor Air Quality and Sick Building Syndrome: The Exposure to the Contractor and Surety International Association of Defense Counsel, February 1995
- Swindal, William G. and Bruning, Kevin W., Rights and Obligations of a Surety Pursuant to a Performance and Payment Bond, Illinois State Bar Association, Law Ed. Series, October 1994
- Sido, Kevin R. and Bruning, Kevin W., Mechanics Lien Law Summary, AIA Illinois News, American Institute of Architects, Winter 1993
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Washington Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- JD, DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 1988
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California, Summer Program, 1986
- BA, Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois, 1984
- College Preparatory, Wayland Academy, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, 1979
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Mechanic’s Lien Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Probate, Estate and Trust Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Divorce Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Condominium and Townhome Association Litigation
- Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts
- Business Sales and Purchases
- Business Formation, Corporations, LLCs and Partnerships