Attorney Nathan Reyes joined Bruning & Associates, P.C. in June of 2015, and has focused his practice in general civil litigation at both the trial and appellate level.
Licensed to practice law since 2008, Attorney Reyes has a strong background in Nursing Home Abuse, Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury Law and has resolved numerous cases for the benefit of his clients. Attorney Reyes practices extensively in foreclosure defense, protecting his clients from losing their homes.
Attorney Reyes takes the effort to explain the law to you, so that you understand not only what is occurring, but why it is occurring. Combined with a calm demeanor, Attorney Reyes’ goal is not just to provide legal advice, but also to make this process as understandable and manageable as possible.
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Crystal Lake Referral Exchange
Attorney Reyes also practices at the Appellate level and has been responsible for numerous appeals that resulted in victories for his clients. Several of his cases became published opinions, including:
- Doe v. Sanchez, 2016 IL App (2d) 150554 – Affirming the right of a schoolchild who had allegedly suffered sexual assault at the hands of a school bus driver to sue the employer of said driver for damages.
- Cutler v. Northwest Suburban Community Hospital, 405 Ill. App. 3d 1052 – Affirming the right of a medical malpractice plaintiff to rely upon the testimony of an emergency room physician to comment on the post-surgical care a patient requires.
- Kantner v. Waugh, 2017 IL App (2)d 160848 – Affirming the right of an injured party to be able to voluntarily dismiss, and then refile, their case, based upon an agreement in effect reached with the parties.
- Illinois Supreme Court
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- The Seventh Court of Appeals
- JD, Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois, cum laude, 2008
- BA in Philosophy, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 2004
- Condominium & Homeowners Association Law
- Divorce & Family Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- Personal Injury Law
- Business Law
- Construction & Mechanic’s Lien Law
- Estate Planning, Wills and Trusts
- Probate Law
- Elder Law
- Bankruptcy & Debt Relief
- Incorporation, LLC and Business Formation
- Mergers and Acquisitions (including the Purchase and Sale of Small and Medium-Sized Business Entities)
- Landlord-Tenant Law
- General Corporate Law